- Woking Surrey
April 13, 2019
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
*New* Guest Tutor Mark Tilling – Chocolate Easter Egg & Hot Cross Buns Chocolates
Book Your Place
Victoria’s Kitchen is thrilled to say that the fabulous Mark Tilling is back for 2019!
Mark’s team won the first BBC2’s Bake Off Creme De La Creme, and Mark himself has many awards including winning the UK Chocolate Masters from 2006 to 2008, and coming 12th in 2007 and 7th in 2009 at the finals of the World Chocolate Masters. This is a wonderful opportunity to be taught by one of the World’s leading Chocolatiers, in a small group environment.
If like me, you love the idea of making your very own Easter Egg from scratch, then this is the class for you! Mark will guide the students step by step through the correct ways of tempering, splattering with colours, and creating the shell professionally. You’ll also make ganache and some gorgeous little Hot Cross Bun Chocolates to pop inside and complete the set. To finish off, you’ll put it all together and package it beautifully.
Content included in this class:
- Learn how to temper chocolate.
- Learn how to colour chocolate
- Learn how to splatter cocoa butter colours with stencils to create the design in the egg mould and chocolate mould
- Learn how to double coat and fill a mould with chocolate to create a shell
- Learn how to stick the egg together
- Learn how to make a ganache
- Learn how to cap of chocolates
In the class you will make:
- Notes on tempered chocolate
- One large 25cm Easter egg (roughly 1 kg chocolate in weight) in clear presentation box with ribbon
- 24 hot cross bun chocolates
Length of class: Approximately 6 hours
Price: £145 per person – get in touch if you’d rather pay via 3 instalments
What do you need to bring:
Nothing! Just a bite to eat for lunch.
Aprons are provided to use during the day and light refreshments will be served during the class.
Please check your dates carefully before booking a class as we are unable to offer refunds. See our Terms & Conditions for full details.
Victoria’s Kitchen vouchers are not redeemable against Guest Tutor classes.